If you suffer pests in your home there a number of things you can do.

Most pests are harmless and are likely to go away on their own or you can purchase traps or treatments to use.

Help to get rid of pests

Contact Kirklees Council Pest Control   if you need expert help.

Pest control at domestic properties   tells you how much they charge to deal with different types of pest.

They will deal with rats, mice, cockroaches, wasps and wasp nests, fleas and bed bugs.

They will aim to deal with the immediate problem and attempt to discover the root cause to prevent it from happening again. This may include advice and recommendations.

Treatment is free for tenants.


Kirklees Council Pest Control do not treat for ants but there is a lot you can do to stop them becoming a problem in your home:

  • Look for how they might get in, for example, missing mortar between brickwork or gaps below doors
  • Discourage ants from nesting near external house walls by turning over soil on a regular basis
  • Clean up any spilled food as soon as possible and store open food in sealed food-grade containers
  • Most ants can be dealt with using readily available insecticides but you should always follow the manufacturer's instructions.

© 2020 All rights reserved. Kirklees Neighbourhood Housing, Perseverance House, St. Andrews Road, Huddersfield, HD1 6RZ.