Fire Risk Assessment
An FRA is an inspection of the building to check that the fire safety arrangements in place meet the legal fire safety requirements.
They also identify what else we can do to prevent fire and keep residents safe in your homes.
Name of building
Swan Lane, Lockwood
Contact us if you have any questions or concerns about fire safety in this building
Phone 01484 414886
In a fire emergency always dial 999
West Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Service
Phone 01274 682311
What do I need to do if there is a fire in my building?
Stay Safe Policy
Means of escape
One central stairwell and two main exit doors
Building construction and cladding
- The premise is a purpose-built, detached, six storey block of flats, providing accommodation for 36 flats with six flats per floor.
- The building was constructed approximately fifty years ago.
- Brick construction externally with PVC windows. Internally the stairs and floors are concrete, fire doors and Georgian wired glazing to relevant areas. Internal walls are block and (assumed) stud walls within flats.
- Access to the block is level. A single protected stairway and lift gives access to upper floors. There are two entrance/exit doors either side of the refuse chute, one door leads to the ground floor flats, electric cupboards, small resident cupboards and lift, the other door is the exit from the stairway and contains the AFD panel.
- Openable windows and door louvres are available throughout stairway and access corridor.
- The refuse chute is located to an external balcony at each floor level. Not addressed as part of this survey
- The building is of concrete construction. Concrete slab floors separate each level
- The flats are constructed using solid concrete partitions with no false ceilings
- The building has cladding
The result of Fire Risk Assessments to your block & fire safety improvements we are undertaking to ensure your continued safety
Programme of ongoing electrical inspections and related repair to minimise the risk of fires and electrocution
We will install new fire doors in building
Work to ensure fire is contained and cannot spread through areas
Work to install new signage for escape routes or fire door information
We will inspect the building regularly to ensure fire safety measures remain adequate
Work to ensure the management of fire safety measures in the property are in order
Service and maintenance of your building
The information below outlines the inspections and checks we will undertake on your building and the frequency of them.
Fire Risk Assessment
The annual Fire Risk Assessment will be carried out in November 2020
If you have a lift in your building we will check it every six months.
Electrical test and installation
We will test communal electrical installations such as wiring, sockets and lights every five years.
Communal gas boiler
If you have a communal gas boiler in your building which provides heating / hot water to all flats, we will inspect it every 12 months.
If you have a dry riser in your building, which is used by firefighters to distribute water to all levels, we will inspect it every six months.
Fire detection system
Fire detection systems can include fire alarms, sprinkler systems, heat detectors, smoke detectors and carbon monoxide detectors. We will check them every three months.
Emergency lighting (or escape lighting) lights up a safe exit route if the mains power fails. We will inspect the emergency lighting in your building every three months.
Automatic open vent (AOV)
AOV's are used to control the ventilation of smoke in a fire. We will inspect them every three months.