Electrical safety checks
Your safety is our absolute priority.
We carry out electrical safety checks on the wiring, switches, light fittings and sockets every time a new customer moves into one of our homes and every five years on existing homes.
We will contact you to let you know when we will be coming to do this. Please ensure you allow us access to your home to carry out these important checks.
Please keep an eye out for any electrical hazards in your home. They could be:
- Frayed, cut or damaged leads
- Cracked or damaged cases on plugs and appliances
- Burn marks on plugs, leads or appliances
- Blowing fuses or tripping circuit breakers
- Damaged plug sockets or light switches.
If you do notice any electrical hazards in your home, please don’t attempt to repair them yourself, leave it to us.
If you have any concerns about the electrics in your home please report them to us: Report a repair
Always follow manufacturer’s instructions when using appliances and use an RCD (Residual Current Device) when using electrical equipment outdoors.
Don't bring mains powered portable appliances into the bathroom or use appliances with wet hands.
Lighting your home
If you have any issues with the lights or power in your home:
- Check the trip switches in the consumer unit
- Try a new bulb
- If one of the switches is at 'off', unplug the appliance or switch off the light and reset the trip switch
- Switch on the light and plug the appliances back in one at a time to check if one is faulty and tripping the switch
- Do not use any faulty switch or socket.
If you are still having problems please report any repairs to us: Report a repair
Lighting in communal areas
If you have any issues with the lighting in communal areas please report it to us: Report a repair