If you are a Kirklees Council tenant or a Housing Association tenant in Kirklees and you have 2 or more spare bedrooms, you could benefit from the Homefit scheme, especially if you’re concerned about losing housing benefit because your house is 'under-occupied'.
Moving to a smaller home is ideal if:
- you're not using all your bedrooms
- you're worried about your heating bills (smaller homes are cheaper to heat)
- you're struggling to maintain your garden
- mobility problems mean your home is no longer suitable for your needs
- you need to be nearer to family, friends, shops, doctors
We can offer:
- help and support from a dedicated officer
- advice about moving to a home in an area you prefer
- a smaller home that is easier and cheaper to manage
- a higher level of priority for re-housing
Contact KNH for more information on Homefit.