The Pre-Apprenticeship Programme (PAP) has been developed to help our young tenants get work-ready.
12 KNH young tenants or household members will initially take part in the programme.
The program will cover:
- 6 weeks of work experience placement with KNH or a partner organisation
- Study programme with Kirklees College
- Working towards English and Maths Level 2 (GCSE)
- Employability skills training and interview support
- Travel, lunch and all protective equipment is provided.
On successful completion of the programme, the attendees will be guaranteed an interview to join our new KNH apprentices in September 2020.
Linda Johnson, Employment Support Manager said,
"We identified that many of our young tenants did not have the basic level 2 qualifications, skills or confidence to apply for a job or an apprentice role so we developed the Pre Apprenticeship Programme to bridge the gap. The young people we work with have told us that work experience is really important to help them secure work and be competitive which is why we have built this into the scheme.”
For further information about the programme please email EST@knh.org.uk or call 01484 414886.
More information on Employment Support