We offer a great apprentice scheme at KNH called Work@KNH.
As an apprentice every day with us is different, but our main aim is to improve the lives of people in Kirklees by providing quality homes in successful communities.
If you’re over 16, living in England and not in full-term education then an apprenticeship could be perfect for you.
We offer apprentice schemes in a wide range of roles including:
- Corporate - Business Support, Human Resources and Organisational Development, Training and Marketing and Communications
- Technical and trade roles - Housing Officers and Assistants, Surveying, Plumbing, Joinery, Electrical and Gas
Register interest in an apprenticeship
Fill in our simple online form.
Clock Completing this form takes around 5 minutes.
Paperclip You must be over 16, living in England and not in full term education.Register interest in an apprenticeship
After you’ve registered
We will let you know when apprenticeships become available.
Who can apply
Many apprentices are school leavers and young people, but there is no upper age limit. At KNH we have lots of apprentices who are older who are changing careers and retraining.
We have also lots of women who work in trade roles in KNH, so don’t let gender be a barrier.
It’s really important to us that our workforce reflects the diverse communities we serve across Kirklees so we welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and abilities.
What you get
- A real job where you can earn while you learn. At least 20% of your time will be set aside for learning - usually at a college, university or other training provider
- Hands-on experience and a salary
- Official certification of your skills, equivalent to a qualification ranging from level 2 (GCSE equivalent) up to degree level
- Additional skills including communication and time management
- A great working environment with really experienced, friendly and helpful staff and mentors
- Flexible working options, access to a great pension scheme and good holiday entitlement
- We’ll help you start a long-term career path with the possibility of higher earning
- You won’t rack up any student study loan debts and you will be able to learn for the length of your apprenticeship with no tuition fees.
- £7.70 per hour in your first year (around £285 a week)
- then £8.21 (around £300 a week) in your following years.
Both rates are substantially more than the national apprentice minimum wage (currently £3.70 an hour).
Length of apprenticeship
- Typically for a minimum period of 12 months
- A trade or higher level apprenticeship can take up to four or five years.
After your apprenticeship
We have a good record at KNH of retaining our apprentices.
When your apprenticeship is drawing to an end you may be eligible for placement on our deployment register. This is a period of supported job search where you can be matched to vacant posts within KNH or assisted in applications for roles with our partners or other organisations.
Contact KNH for further details on apprenticeships at KNH.